Health and Safety Update Regarding COVID-19
TAMPA, Florida – Updated March 23, 2020 – McNICHOLS is committed to taking proactive measures that place a premium on the health and safety of our associates, customers, and partners during the national and global spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The well-being of those near to us is our top priority.
McNICHOLS products are regularly used for critical manufacturing, infrastructure, military and medical applications. For this reason, we have been deemed an "essential" business and will remain open in counties currently undergoing shelter-in-place mandates. For location-specific updates and hours of operation, please refer to our Locations page. We would like to reassure you that our supply network and technology infrastructure are strong and sound, allowing us to continue to provide you with the highest levels of service possible.
We are paying close attention to the latest developments. In addition to communicating updates and preventative measures from leading world health organizations to our associates, McNICHOLS has outlined safety measures of our own including:
- Educating associates on best practices to help prevent the spread of illness
- Limiting air travel, group gatherings, and utilizing the option to work remotely if and when necessary
- If required, temporarily closing a branch with the ability to support customers from our network of 19 nationwide locations
At our Company Headquarters and in all Metals Service Center locations, we are also enacting several protocols to keep our customers and associates safe in our day-to-day business. These actions include, but are not limited to:
- Following social distancing guidelines. We are assessing the condition of all drivers and walk-ins, encouraging visitors to find a way to communicate with us via phone or email, and maintaining a 6-foot separation between all individuals.
- Sanitizing facilities including our customer waiting and service areas. This involves thorough disinfection of door knobs, handles, restrooms, and furniture.
- Keeping our Operations areas hygienic. We have asked that associates do not share Personal Protective Equipment, keep these items in the workplace and away from customer waiting areas, and sanitize them before and after use.
For over 68 years and through many world events, McNICHOLS has been dedicated to providing superior service and quality. We are focused on ensuring your business has our unwavering support during this time. If you have any questions regarding your McNICHOLS service, please feel free to reach out to a dedicated Customer Service Specialist. We are ready and Inspired to Serve® you!
McNICHOLS, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, operates 19 Metals Service Centers strategically placed coast-to-coast with a dedicated staff and communication network in place to serve customers nationwide. The company has the logistics network needed to provide fast, efficient and exceptional service. Family-owned and founded in 1952, McNICHOLS was established on Christian values, high ethical standards and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.