When I visit mcnichols.com, what information do you gather about me?
You may visit mcnichols.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in order to receive a quote, place an order, utilize Live Chat or request a catalog, etc., you will either be asked to register or provide us with your contact information. You can register by visiting the Login/Registration page.
When asking for information, McNICHOLS records only the information required to provide services you request (Personal Identification Information: name, email address, physical address and phone number). For example, McNICHOLS may use your personal information to:
- Determine where requested material will be shipped
- Create your McNICHOLS account with an assigned customer number
- Personalize the delivery of McNICHOLS website content
- Facilitate McNICHOLS promotions and marketing efforts
Do you provide my personal information to anyone?
McNICHOLS respects your privacy and does not provide your personal information to any third party except when necessary to conduct business. For example, we would need to provide your name and address to a shipper. Your personal information is never sold to third parties for marketing or any other purposes.
Do you allow me to update or correct my personally identifiable information?
If you wish to change any McNICHOLS account information, please contact us by visiting our Support page. We would be happy to assist you with your request.
What are cookies and how do you use them?
- To customize information delivered to you
- Keep track of items you select while you browse mcnichols.com
- Gather statistics to help us determine ways to improve your site experience
Can I disable these cookies?
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please review your browser’s instructions for more information. If you elect to disable cookies, please note that this may prohibit you from utilizing certain areas/functions of the website.
What information do you collect when I visit mcnichols.com?
Information is collected for the purpose of evaluating how our customers, as a group, use mcnichols.com. Some of the information we may collect includes:
- Internet addresses of the domains from which you visit
- How often specific web pages are accessed
- How frequently visitors return to our site
- Which browser visitors are utilizing
This information is then used to generate statistics and reports. These statistics or reports never contain personal information, such as your name or email address. The statistics and reports help us to improve our site. For example, we can use this information to determine which services are most useful. We can then focus on improving these services while eliminating infrequently used ones. Sometimes, it may be necessary to share these reports and statistics with a third party. Under no circumstances will these reports contain personal information.
How is my information used for marketing purposes?
McNICHOLS would like to send you information about available products and services. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to ask McNICHOLS to discontinue contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please visit our Support page and choose one of the Customer Support options listed.
What are my data protection rights?
McNICHOLS would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request that McNICHOLS provide copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that McNICHOLS correct any information you believe is inaccurate or to request that incomplete information be completed.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that McNICHOLS erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that McNICHOLS restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to McNICHOLS processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that McNICHOLS transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com or use any of the additional contact options located below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
How do you use my email?
Your email address is used solely as a means for McNICHOLS to communicate with you. For example, when you place an order on our site, you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with a tracking or PRO number for shipping purposes. McNICHOLS may occasionally send you an email about the products and services we provide and surveys related to your experience. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email to update your preferences or to be removed from our email list.
What else should I know about my privacy and who do I contact if I have questions?
Ultimately, each user is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of passwords and/or any account information. It is considered best practice to avoid sharing password information with others. Please be careful and responsible whenever you use the internet.