McNICHOLS® Fiberglass Grating - Molded
Fiberglass Grating is a lightweight and sound alternative to Steel or Aluminum Gratings. Corrosion-resistant and fire-retardant, this product line is ideal for use outdoors or in corrosive environments. McNICHOLS carries Molded FRP Gratings as well as DURADEK® and DURAGRID® Pultruded Grating construction types in a variety of sizes, resins and colors. Most Fiberglass Grating has a slip-resistant, gritted surface to help prevent slips and falls.
The information provided below is your guide for choosing the right McNICHOLS® Fiberglass Grating product for your project. Ordering information for McNICHOLS® Fiberglass Grating Stair Treads is available by selecting the following link: Specifying & Ordering Fiberglass Grating Stair Treads
Consider Fiberglass Grating uses and physical requirements such as exposure to chemicals and/or extreme temperatures. Determine fire retardant needs as well as loading, span and support requirements. Several Fiberglass Grating products comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) when installed to written standards. We also carry items that are Virginia Graeme Baker (VGB) Act UV compliant. We invite you to browse Fiberglass Grating applications in our Product and Application Gallery.
Choose from a variety of Molded (Square, Rectangular) or Pultruded (I-Bar, T-Bar, Wide T-Bar) construction types.
Series Type & Name
Determine the series type and name (MS-S-150, MS-I-6010 - DURAGRID®, etc.) of the Fiberglass Grating product for your project. Items that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standard will have this language indicated in the product's description and item specifications of the applicable product.
Resin & Type
Choose the resin and type for your application (e.g. FFR Polyester, SFF Polyester, SGF Polyester, SPF Polyester, SPH Phenolic, SVF Vinyl Ester, XVE Vinyl Ester). We provide more information on resins, types and descriptions in the link provided in the Charts section on the Fiberglass Grating Resources landing page.
Choose the Fiberglass Grating color (e.g. Green, Yellow, etc.) that is right for your project. Fiberglass Grating is supplied in many colors to meet your design needs.
Grid Height, Size & Shape
If your selection is Molded Grating, choose the grid height and surface grid pattern (measured in inches on center) and grid shape (square or rectangular).
Bearing Bar Size & Shape
If your selection is a Pultruded construction type, choose the bearing bar height and top flange width (measured in inches) and bearing bar shape (I-Bar, T-Bar, Wide T-Bar) of the Fiberglass Grating product.
Bearing Bar Spacing
Choose the Pultruded Fiberglass Grating spacing (center to center of bearing bars, between bearing bar top flanges and between bottom bearing bar bottom flanges) desired for your project.
Determine if your application requires a concave (Molded construction only) or grit surface. We supply several types of grit surface for Pultruded products, including fine, medium and coarse grit.
Percent Open Area
Choose the percentage of open area desired in the panel or pieces of Fiberglass Grating.
Choose the direction the Pultruded bearing bars need to run to support the application load. Bearing bar direction is often referred to as span. Clear span refers to the distance between Fiberglass Grating supports. The direction of the Molded grid pattern (Rectangular only) and Pultruded bearing bars is an important installation consideration.
Product Size, Form & Quantity
Identify the number of panels (width and length) and/or sizes (cut-to-size pieces, areas, Stair Treads) and cut types (random, uniform, equal stub). Areas exceeding standard panel widths are provided in multiple pieces to width.
Specify any requirements like fabrication, notching, cut-outs, Stair Treads, non-standard tolerances, etc.
Determine if Fiberglass Grating Accessories like Clips or Fasteners/Hardware, etc. are needed for your project or application.
View McNICHOLS® Fiberglass Grating Resources on tolerances, types, available sizes and more!
- Fiberglass Grating Chemical Resistance Guide
- Common Fractions & Decimal / Millimeter Equivalents
- Fiberglass Grating Tolerances
- Primary Material Types
- Resin | Type | Description
Helpful McNICHOLS® Fiberglass Grating load tables to save, print or share!
- MS-S-100 | 1" Grid Height | 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" Square Grid
- MS-S-150 | 1-1/2" Grid Height | 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" Square Grid
- MS-S-200 | 2" Grid Height | 2" x 2" Square Grid
- MS-M-150 | ADA | 1-1/2" Grid Height | Top: 3/4" x 3/4" Square Grid | Bottom: 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" Square Grid
- MS-R-100 | 1" Grid Height | 1" x 4" Rectangular Grid
- MS-R-150 | 1-1/2" Grid Height | 1-1/2" x 6" Rectangular Grid
- MS-I-4010 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | I-Bar
- MS-I-4015 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.500" Bearing Bar Height | I-Bar
- MS-I-6010 - DURAGRID® | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | I-Bar
- MS-I-6015 - DURAGRID® | 1.500" Bearing Bar Height | I-Bar
- MS-I-6515 - DURADEK® | 1.500" Bearing Bar Height | I-Bar
- MS-T-3310 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | T-Bar
- MS-T-3320 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 2.000" Bearing Bar Height | T-Bar
- MS-T-5010 - DURAGRID® | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | T-Bar
- MS-T-5015 - DURAGRID® | 1.500" Bearing Bar Height | T-Bar
- MS-T-5020 - DURAGRID® | 2.000" Bearing Bar Height | T-Bar
- MS-WT-1210 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | Wide T-Bar
- MS-WT-1810 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | Wide T-Bar
- MS-WT-2510 - DURAGRID® | ADA | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | Wide T-Bar
- MS-WT-3810 - DURAGRID® | 1.000" Bearing Bar Height | Wide T-Bar
Fiberglass Grating, Molded, Stair Tread Panel, Rectangular, MS-R-ST-150, Fiberglass, SGF Polyester Resin, Green, 1-1/2" Grid Height, 1-1/2" x 6" Rectangular Grid, Grit Surface, 1-5/8" Wide Integral Nosing on Both Sides of Stair Tread Panel Length, 65% Open Area